Skip to main content

UNBELIEVABLE! OR IS IT?

In between the moments where things happen, where we learn and grow, there are a million other moments which are breathtaking. Moments where it is just as you dreamt of, which are way beautiful than you imagined them to be, where the sky is lit, the perfect songs play randomly on shuffle and all you have to do is breathe. If you realize how beautiful a feeling this is you have already reached a point where everything and nothing matters to you at the same time. You take an effort to make others realize this feeling and care even less for someone or something who keep denying whatever you are trying to convey. Life is more about doing random things without the fear of missing out, making mistakes, learning and unlearning from them, getting angry, trying to not get angry the next time and growing a little each day in the process. Sometimes growth can be very small, so small that it seems negligible or absent. The truth happens to be that it never is nothing, it is always something. 

Hypothetically, most things/concepts in this world are two-fold. They can either be or not be. This is effectively true to some extent. Of course, there are always other options if looked upon and searched for. But when went by this, if something exists, you have no choice but to accept its existence. If it doesn’t, it is just a waste of time trying to prove its existence to everyone. You are robbing everyone’s sense of belief in themselves and that is worse than killing someone. If a person has already accepted the facts of him being religious or atheist or black or white, you trying to make them believe otherwise is just going to make it worse between you two. It would either end up with a huge disagreeing battle or one of the two people losing their belief. Either way it leads to feelings of hatred for others and for yourself too. Now think. What’s worse? A person losing his confidence in order to please someone else’s stream of belief or someone forcing their belief on a person just because they want it so. That is exactly where racism takes the wheel. People do not hate others because they are from different religion, caste, colour or creed. They hate others because their ideologies don’t match, because they couldn’t convince them to believe what they do, because they don’t have a sense of belief as strong as the others. The very reason for people having the ability to make out the difference between good and bad is that there should remain no obstacles, hindrances in order for them to have their own stream of feelings, thoughts and ideologies with liberty.

Talking about things being two-fold, I believe there are only two things (one good and one bad) to live by, viz. acceptance and robbery. Both of these are the title of the books which hold the concepts of good and bad. Rest everything are the chapters inside of it. For an instance, the biggest problem in your life remains a problem until you aren’t ready to accept its existence and the fact that it happened due to some of your doings. It gives you a certain relief as soon as you accept that it has happened and cannot be undone. Now, robbery is the only crime to exist in the world. Others are just the branches. When someone kills a person, he robs the dead person’s children's  happiness and right of having a father, his wife’s lifelong dedication and attachment to her husband and the life of the dead guy. The worst crime someone can commit is robbery, robbing a person of his beliefs and senses. People tend to believe in something which helps them in their tough times. It makes it easier for them to keep up with all the burdens and shortcomings. Knowing and hoping that somewhere it all ends, somewhere everything gets better, someone above us all is watching and helping them. What actually happens is somewhere along the way they fail to acknowledge themselves for facing all the hardships.

What exactly is the point of worshipping someone? Especially someone of whom there is almost no proof of ever existing. On one hand people say there is no supernatural power and on the other worship the very power they claimed to have been non-existent. People cannot decide between tea and coffee with a good level of confidence often. These are the same people who leave their decisions, well-being and lives upon God to be taken care of. Logically, even if there was a supernatural power above all, not necessarily good, it wouldn’t be just sitting there to be praised or be feared for its powers. There must have been some signs of it making a move in order to balance the good as well as the evil around the universe. When asked how and why do you believe in God, people usually hand over their holy books saying “Because it has been said so in these books.” Now, according to that logic, I should be worshipping Batman. Plus I idolize Batman while the ones worshipping God don’t idolize him as they don’t exactly know how he looks like let alone knowing about his powers.

Is God willing to prevent evil but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then where did the evil come from? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why even call him God?

There are no hard feelings or compulsions here towards any of your beliefs. Being a human, each and every one of us possesses a different idea of things, a different thought process and has every right to do so. It just starts to go south when one of us starts forcing our beliefs on others when the other person doesn’t want them. Our elders are always there, telling us to do things in a different way. In a way which is appropriate according to them and 9 out of 10 times we disagree with them which is absolutely normal. It is their belief that certain things must have a different approach because they have a strong supportive factor. Experience. You don’t know about that approach until and unless you go through that experience. Not the religion or the community or the people or the schools teach you but experiences do. It is hence very difficult to believe something if you try to convey it to someone and haven’t experienced it yourself firsthand. You cannot explain a movie to a person if you haven’t watched it. Liking or disliking depends totally on the person. No point forcing them to do either. Influences are only good and come in handy when there are very less options left. No matter how much you try, if you force someone into getting to believe what you do, he will eventually end up hating himself and you both.

Moments where it is just as you dreamed of, which are way beautiful than you imagined them to be, where the sky is lit, the perfect songs play randomly on shuffle and all you have to do is breathe. Don’t miss these moments while regretting for something in your past. Just let things happen because believe it or not but whatever happens, happens for the greater good. There is no one above you or beneath you. It’s just you who needs to be a better you in time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOMENT OR MOMENTARY

I'm back in my bed. Twisting and turning, trying to find a perfect fit for myself to fall asleep. I put my hand under my head while lying flat on my back. I've become a bit resilient to close my eyes as I start seeing things that I would never get to see with my eyes open although I want to so desperately. So, instead of closing my eyes I stare into nothingness. I stare at my roof and in a moment start to go high and beyond that.  It has been quite a long time since I have been losing control. The nights have something to do with that as I have always hated my days particularly before today. It had been a rather energetic day despite of the fact that it had been days since I had slept peacefully. What makes it even more intriguing is the fact that none of it felt like I had to put in any kind of efforts. It just happened, came and went past like life usually does, in a flash. I cannot fathom how many times we walk past all the possibilities that were once our deepes

INSOMNIAC

I had this thought the other night. That's how it starts, isn't it? With a thought and before you know it, you're deep inside a world that makes no sense but in the retrospect defines you. In a similar pattern like every other night, I put my phone aside in a futile attempt to put my brain to rest and go to sleep. I've ran out of ways to knock myself out. Somedays I call myself a selenophile just to stay relevant and sane to myself and my thoughts. What I fail to realize is it's just another fancy word to fool myself the way drugs fool the nervous system.  Since I couldn't bring myself to gather the patience for a good long sleep or maybe I had simply lost hopes, I sprung into thinking how I had nothing to think about and how everything that has ever existed is pointless. Come to think of it, it's quite an ambiguous thought but I'd rather blame every sleepless night for making me so naive to think about it. I clench the surprisingly hard pillow as I begi

THE CITY OF COINCIDENCE.

  How weirdly satisfying are the first rains in this city. If you didn’t notice then let me bring it to your attention that the earlier sentence was not a question. I’ve always been very fond of rains and what it does to the environment. I wish there was something similar that could have the same effects and result on us human beings. It hasn’t been the kind of story where you wished for something and life and fate put their magic to manifest that and make it happen miraculously. But when things reach a threshold, there’s always something new waiting to sprout to life.   It was just like any other day that I could reckon. It was supposed to be an emotional rollercoaster but of-course not for me. I had just gotten out of the college gate and was waiting for the only friend I had throughout the course of time I had been a student of the college and let’s not get into how much of a task that was. Oh, and yes, it was the last day for us as a student of that institute. It has always been a