Skip to main content

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.


Putting your happiness at stake momentarily to live life without further toxicity is not that tough a deal. Letting go is just as important as holding on. You can’t sit through a movie knowing it will end and you’re going to have to go attend to the other more important parts of your life. It is just about knowing the right time.

“Mita diya uss sukoon ko jo teherna na jaanta tha,
Aankhe kholne pe jo bacha bas vo andhera hi saath reh gaya”

You struggle when you are dedicated to make something happen. You become desperate to have it. You give it all you have got and as it happens most of the time, you don’t get the result you were expecting. People come into your lives and build a rapport with you. You start to develop a habit of having them around and as it happens, they leave even when you thought they won’t. You prepare hard so that you get a good career. You get yourselves into everything that can possibly take you into your dream college. You try your best to make your parents agree to send you and still end up going to some other college. Disappointments come in the most unexpected ways from the most unexpected people and aspects. To have a feeling of being important or having something important one moment and going all the way to having no importance at all the very next moment is very hard to contemplate. You always see this coming but refuse to accept that it might even happen for real. What we fail to do is weigh our options before acting on something. We tend to think it through only as ‘it might not happen’ or ‘it might happen the way I want it to’ and not any other way every time.

 OH YES, THE PAST CAN HURT!
BUT THE WAY I SEE IT YOU CAN EITHER RUN FROM IT OR LEARN FROM IT.

No person wants to believe that it is not something to be dealt with but something you have to accept. Everyone wants to get out of it as soon as possible and that’s just fair. A person in his right minds would never want to be in a state of disease when he can be cured. What they don’t know and never want to is that it isn’t some disease. Technically, disappointments are a state of mind humans have when they don’t get what they expected and the easiest way to get them out of your system is ACCEPTING the reality. It is never easy to accept reality. We have been motivated in a way where we always dream of something before achieving them. This makes it even more difficult. We tend to live in a world where reality has close to no participation or contribution in it. Instead of taking our chances, most people assume the outcome to be what they thought it’d be and when it doesn’t come out in their favor, they end up disappointed. The ones who love to watch the rain from their balcony cannot know what it feels like to be drenched.

If you necessarily have to then you can stick to these two options. Either ignore, not avoid, it or go all in. You can tackle your way through by not thinking of it and believing it doesn’t exist at all and if that doesn’t work you can always do the opposite. Now, there are ways all of us at some point find it very much disturbing to trying to keep our thought not aligned in the direction of devastation and fail at it miserably. This is because we believe whatever happens, we can always face it alone and that is not a very good place to be in. The other way, it’ll hurt a lot if you keep thinking about it all the time and keep revolving around it day in and day out. In the long run, you tend to not stay pinned down by the fact that you can’t stand the simple thought of reality. I know none of these are even close to even being considered let alone being used. As impractical as it may sound, it works just fine. But since these seem not sensible, just why not try getting help! What kind of shame would it bring to you if you talked about it? None! People don’t judge when you are pouring your heart out. Even the cruelest of people would do the least and listen to you. Just knowing that you are being listened to, helps a lot, A LOT. Helps realizing what all you have been missing out on, thinking what you are clinging to, accepting that it has happened and cannot be undone, gathering the courage to face more of them coming, being patient and keeping all their hopes together to not give up. There are so many of great things out there in the world which you might miss on if you don't move on and make something out of what the world has to offer.   
When a person describes an event or a situation he/she had been in to someone else, it is pertinent to realize that the other person wasn’t in the story at all. This is such a huge advantage. A person who wasn’t involved in the whole scenario can understand all kinds of aspects easily whereas a person who was involved won’t due to his/her emotions clouding his/her judgement. Someone who can cry his heart out in front of another person with an intention to get the uneasiness out of his system is a person who has accepted his devastation. The only thing more powerful than this is time.

Weigh your options. Whether you want to plan your way through or keep struggling for a result of which there are far less chances of happening, whether you want to be stuck with the person who doesn’t even know and isn’t worth of what you are going through for him or take a stand and move on with your life without that person, whether you want to prepare according to the criteria of your dream college or just blindly keep working on to get in some random institution.

At no point from the start was I teaching you all the ideal way of living. Everyone has a different opinion. This is just an attempt to let people know that no matter how perfect and splendid or worst and rock bottom-esque your time is, it’ll always pass. This is the best attribute of time and also the one which makes it the most powerful. It always moves on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOMENT OR MOMENTARY

I'm back in my bed. Twisting and turning, trying to find a perfect fit for myself to fall asleep. I put my hand under my head while lying flat on my back. I've become a bit resilient to close my eyes as I start seeing things that I would never get to see with my eyes open although I want to so desperately. So, instead of closing my eyes I stare into nothingness. I stare at my roof and in a moment start to go high and beyond that.  It has been quite a long time since I have been losing control. The nights have something to do with that as I have always hated my days particularly before today. It had been a rather energetic day despite of the fact that it had been days since I had slept peacefully. What makes it even more intriguing is the fact that none of it felt like I had to put in any kind of efforts. It just happened, came and went past like life usually does, in a flash. I cannot fathom how many times we walk past all the possibilities that were once our deepes

THE CITY OF COINCIDENCE.

  How weirdly satisfying are the first rains in this city. If you didn’t notice then let me bring it to your attention that the earlier sentence was not a question. I’ve always been very fond of rains and what it does to the environment. I wish there was something similar that could have the same effects and result on us human beings. It hasn’t been the kind of story where you wished for something and life and fate put their magic to manifest that and make it happen miraculously. But when things reach a threshold, there’s always something new waiting to sprout to life.   It was just like any other day that I could reckon. It was supposed to be an emotional rollercoaster but of-course not for me. I had just gotten out of the college gate and was waiting for the only friend I had throughout the course of time I had been a student of the college and let’s not get into how much of a task that was. Oh, and yes, it was the last day for us as a student of that institute. It has always been a

INSOMNIAC

I had this thought the other night. That's how it starts, isn't it? With a thought and before you know it, you're deep inside a world that makes no sense but in the retrospect defines you. In a similar pattern like every other night, I put my phone aside in a futile attempt to put my brain to rest and go to sleep. I've ran out of ways to knock myself out. Somedays I call myself a selenophile just to stay relevant and sane to myself and my thoughts. What I fail to realize is it's just another fancy word to fool myself the way drugs fool the nervous system.  Since I couldn't bring myself to gather the patience for a good long sleep or maybe I had simply lost hopes, I sprung into thinking how I had nothing to think about and how everything that has ever existed is pointless. Come to think of it, it's quite an ambiguous thought but I'd rather blame every sleepless night for making me so naive to think about it. I clench the surprisingly hard pillow as I begi